Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Bedtime Routine

Given her age, I cannot really put anything on her head at night, like a satin cap. I am extremely overprotective and paranoid and I fear that a) she will suffocate and b) when I actually developed enough nerve to try, it wouldn't stay on. In the morning, we usually wake to Blaire's hair being a gigantic poof. This routine, inspired by other blogs, is similar to a twist out, but for baby of course. I call it the tiny tot twist out. I moisturize her hair with Shea Moisture Coconut & Hibiscus Hair Milk and make rather large twists. It is important not to part the hair, or else it will look sectioned when you take it out in the morning. Last night was a Tuesday, which is co-washing night for us. I co-washed with a homemade conditioner that included avocado, aloe vera, olive oil and coconut oil. (Well not really a conditioner, more like a concoction) I left it in for about 20 minutes before her bath, and washed it out during her bath. Afterwards, I put in a Giovanni Organic Leave-In conditioner, and put in the tiny tot twists when she fell asleep. Below are pictures of the process.
                                                              Blaire with conditioner in:
                                             Conditioner all washed out; with Giovanni Organic Leave-In:
                                               Tiny Tot Twists:
                                               Tiny Tot Twist Out (Morning Results):
 *Feel Free to refer to my products' tab to become more familiar with the products I mention.

No comments:

Post a Comment