Wednesday, September 28, 2011

First Post

I decided to make my first post an introduction. My name is Gigi, and I have a daughter named Blaire. She is 8 months old with a head full of hair. I knew I wanted to keep her "natural" and allow her to make her own decisions as to whether or not she wants chemically processed hair, when she is an adult. She was born with a head full of curls that excited the doctors and nurses in the delivery room. I too was excited until its texture changed and I faced a 5 month old with THICK, DRY hair. I searched the internet, high and low, for help. I went from one mom blog to the next but I too often found biracial children, and mainly toddlers/preschoolers. Although I fell in love with many of the blogs I saw, and became an avid follower of them (hence their inspiring this blog) I realized I was on my own. I learned that though the doctor advised me to wash her hair every time she bathed, that was wayyy to frequent and perhaps that was drying out her hair. I also learned the importance of reading ingredients. From the time she was about a month old, up until she was 5 months, I solely used pure Olive Oil in her hair. At 5 months, this was no longer a sufficient moisturizer on its own. I then gave Miss Jessie's Baby Buttercreme a try. Indeed, MJBB was good, but not GREAT and I felt it should've been GREAT for the price. Alas, after searching Target, and reading mom testimonies on other blogs & forums, I discovered Shea Moisture Coconut and Hibiscus products. She was already using Shea Moisture's Head to Toe Baby Wash and it did WONDERS for her eczema so I figured hey, why not give it a try. Let's just say that I am still using that today, nearly 4 months later. I have in fact found other products, and have even tried a few homemade mixtures but, I refuse to abandon Shea Moisture.

In this blog, I will feature Blaire's hair routines, hair styles, hair & skin care. I set out to be of some help to at least ONE mom out there struggling in search of advice and inspiration.

No comments:

Post a Comment